Who we are
Ignatian Spirituality refers to St Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits). Ignatius’ spiritual experience and journey have inspired many since then, giving people who are searching a “mapping tool” or a way of searching and finding God in our lives.
The Centre for Ignatian Spirituality’s mission is the transmission of this treasure to those who are interested. We do this through:
- A yearly programme of events, mostly in our retreat houses, Mount St Joseph and Manresa house.
- Giving the spiritual exercises in daily life on demand.
- Prayer experiences in parishes and other settings.
- Offering spiritual accompaniment
- Facilitating personal and communal discernment.
- Training of people to become spiritual guides and in giving Ignatian retreats.